Jayjg

Default Date updates from worksheet to chart & changes date to a date series! Help!!

Hi,

I have a 2 sheet workbook, one sheet has my data -

Date Kg's
1/5/2003 91.0
2/8/2003 89.1
5/31/2003 90.1
8/21/2003 89.5
1/18/2004 89.9
2/2/2004 88.0
3/6/2004 88.1
4/17/2004 89.2
9/13/2004 88.5
10/4/2004 86.4
11/8/2004 87.3
12/21/2004 88.0

The second sheet has my chart. When the date is carried over to the
chart, the dates are changed to a series of dates, starting 01/05/2003,
02/05/2003 etc... The cells are formated to UK date on both the data
and the chart. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jamie

John Mansfield

JayJg,

One option would be to reference the cells containing your dates with
formulas that change those dates to text. Although Excel will now read the
dates as text, they will look like dates on your chart. For example, the
formulas to reference the first three data points might look like this:

=TEXT(A1,"m/d/yyyy")
=TEXT(A2,"m/d/yyyy")
=TEXT(A3,"m/d/yyyy")

Now, just reference the X-axis of your chart to the new date range.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Jayjg" wrote:

Hi,

I have a 2 sheet workbook, one sheet has my data -

Date Kg's
1/5/2003 91.0
2/8/2003 89.1
5/31/2003 90.1
8/21/2003 89.5
1/18/2004 89.9
2/2/2004 88.0
3/6/2004 88.1
4/17/2004 89.2
9/13/2004 88.5
10/4/2004 86.4
11/8/2004 87.3
12/21/2004 88.0

The second sheet has my chart. When the date is carried over to the
chart, the dates are changed to a series of dates, starting 01/05/2003,
02/05/2003 etc... The cells are formated to UK date on both the data
and the chart. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jamie

Jon Peltier

Probably it would be easier to change from a time scale axis to a category axis.
Select the chart, choose Chart Options from the Chart menu, click on the Axes tab,
and change the category axis option from Automatic to Category.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Jayjg" wrote:

Hi,

I have a 2 sheet workbook, one sheet has my data -

Date Kg's