john smith

Default tagging rows?

I just created an excel catalog for my cd jukebox as I loaded the tray (300
discs). Now I want to alphabetize column A (artist) and have column B
(album title) follow column A. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for all
help.

Gord Dibben

John

Make sure you have both columns A and B selected then DataSort.

Pick column A to sort by in ascending order.

Also note the option buttons for "header row"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:18:03 -0500, "john smith" wrote:

I just created an excel catalog for my cd jukebox as I loaded the tray (300
discs). Now I want to alphabetize column A (artist) and have column B
(album title) follow column A. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for all
help.

john smith

I tried your suggestion, but I get a window that says: The command you
chose cannot be performed with multiple selections. Select a single range
and click the command again. I also have created an additional numbered
column to denote the cd number that I would like to follow the artists
alphabetical name. In other words, I would like column A and C to follow
column B when B is sorted aphabetically. Can this even happen? Thanks for
your time. John

wrote:

I just created an excel catalog for my cd jukebox as I loaded the tray
(300
discs). Now I want to alphabetize column A (artist) and have column B
(album title) follow column A. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for all
help.

Ken Wright

Is your data filtered by any chance, such that when you select the range you end
up selecting only visible cells?

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03