Ben

Default Hyperlinks to external websites

When I create a hyperlink to an external website in excel and click it it
gives the following error message "This operation has been cancelled due to
restrictions in effect on this computer".
I'm not sure whether this is an isuue with Excel or with Internet Explorer.
Has anybody had a similar problem and how was it resolved. Thank you

David McRitchie

Nope, but using your error message text which you were careful
to include I did a Google search from my search bar (note
did not include any Excel requirement)
"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer"

Many did not have a solution, but this one did, and it was the
solution for the person who posted that problem.

I don't know if that solution changes a specific option in your
IE or not. Do you have the same problem opening the file
directly from IE or from another browser. The solution appears
to specifically identify opening a file from IE.
--
---
HTH,