Mark

Default Declaring a value to equal 100%

I working on a chart to show progress towards a goal for a number of groups,
teams, and departments. What I can' not figure out is how to, for example,
declare $75,000 = 100%

I need to show 4 departments on a chart, each with a different goal amount
and each goal should represent 100%.

I think that makes sense, if not, please let me know and I'll rephrase.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

John Mansfield

Mark,

Try setting your data up like this (the % Goal are the calculations you are
looking for):

Goal % Goal
a 75,000 100%
b 60,000 80%
c 45,000 60%
d 30,000 40%
e 0 0%

Then, with the Goal numbers in column B the calculations for the % Goal a

Goal % Goal
a 75000 1
b 60000 =B3/$B$2
c 45000 =B4/$B$2
d 30000 =B5/$B$2
e 0 =B6/$B$2

To set $75,000 at 100%, all you have to do is divide all numbers lower than
75,000 into 75,000.

Andy Pope has some Thermometer charts at his site that can be modified to
create the chart that you want. Here's the URL:

http://www.andypope.info/charts/thermometer.htm

----
Regards,
John Mansfield