Cie

Default Enter TODAY if cell has data

I would like to know how to enter a formula that will enter TODAY's DATE in
one cell if another cell has data (any kind of data but, mostly text) in it
Cie

Thanks! That WORKED! But, you knew it would!
I'd like to ask one other question, concerning this formula. What can I
enter to exclude a single SPACE as being seen as TEXT in this formula?

Thanks again!

"Don Guillett" wrote:

try
=IF(E5<"",TEXT(TODAY(),"mm/dd/yy"),"")

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Cie" wrote in message
I would like to know how to enter a formula that will enter TODAY's DATE

in
one cell if another cell has data (any kind of data but, mostly text) in

it

Peo Sjoblom

=IF(TRIM(E5)<"",etc..

Note that the formula will update with tomorrow's date tomorrow, if you want
a date stamp that will stay you might want to look at this

Peo Sjoblom

"Cie" wrote:

Thanks! That WORKED! But, you knew it would!
I'd like to ask one other question, concerning this formula. What can I
enter to exclude a single SPACE as being seen as TEXT in this formula?

Thanks again!

"Don Guillett" wrote:

try
=IF(E5<"",TEXT(TODAY(),"mm/dd/yy"),"")

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Cie" wrote in message
I would like to know how to enter a formula that will enter TODAY's DATE

in
one cell if another cell has data (any kind of data but, mostly text) in

it

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Engineer_Bill

The Following is a simple example of how to do this:

=IF(C10,NOW(),"")

The above formula will look for any info in Cell "C1" and if found
Stamp the current Date in whatever Cell this Formula exists.

hope This helps.

--
Engineer_Bill
Engineer_Bill's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m570

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom

It won't stamp the date since the date will update every time the sheet is
calculated

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Engineer_Bill" wrote