Jo

Default True or False Formula?

Hi Everyone. I've just got myself Excel and I'm trying to create a simple
spreadsheet.

What I need to do is have C calculated automatically. I have searched Google
for a hint, but I don't know Excel that well enough yet plus English is my
second language.

A1B1=C1

If A is greater than B, C is the answer.

15=False
10=True
11=Equal or 0 from what I read

Very much thanks to anyone who can help learn this.

Joanne Ramirez
Jo

Hello. I have worked out part of my probelm and realized I need help with
more. I am trying to learn this.

=(A1B1)OR(A1<B1)OR(A1=B1)

Is it true, false or the same.

Something like this I need. I'm not sure how to do this.

Thankyou very much.

"Jo" wrote:

Hi Everyone. I've just got myself Excel and I'm trying to create a simple
spreadsheet.

What I need to do is have C calculated automatically. I have searched Google
for a hint, but I don't know Excel that well enough yet plus English is my
second language.

A1B1=C1

If A is greater than B, C is the answer.

15=False
10=True
11=Equal or 0 from what I read

Very much thanks to anyone who can help learn this.

Joanne Ramirez

Biff

Hi!

Not exactly sure what you want but try one of these and
see if it works.

This most closely resembles your explanation.

=IF(OR(A1="",B1=""),"",IF(A1=B1,"same",A1B1))

This is another possible interpretation:

=IF(OR(A1="",B1=""),"",IF(A1=B1,"equal",IF
(A1B1,"greater","less")))

The only suggestion I have is if A1B1 is TRUE, then A1<B1
has to be FALSE so there's no need to test for the
opposite condition.

Biff

"Jo" wrote:

Hi Everyone. I've just got myself Excel and I'm trying

to create a simple
spreadsheet.

What I need to do is have C calculated automatically. I

have searched Google
for a hint, but I don't know Excel that well enough yet

plus English is my
second language.

A1B1=C1

If A is greater than B, C is the answer.

15=False
10=True
11=Equal or 0 from what I read

Very much thanks to anyone who can help learn this.

Joanne Ramirez

.

Jo

Hello Biff. Thank you very much. It worked first go. You have helped me very
much :)

Have a good Christmas.
Jo