Stilson

Default Excel opens all files in My Documents on launch

About two months ago Excel started this strange behavior of opening
disparate files when I launched the program. I have finally narrowed it
down to the problem of Excel automatically opening all files in "My
Documents" whenever I launch the program. When I move all files out of "My
Documents" Excel opens with a blank worksheet. If I put a file back into
"My Documents" it opens it. If I delete the file I open with a blank
worksheet. I have looked at all the settings I know about but can't find a
way to stop this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

--
Stilson

Frank Kabel

Hi
goto 'Tools - Options - General' and clear the alternative startup location

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Stilson wrote:
About two months ago Excel started this strange behavior of opening
disparate files when I launched the program. I have finally narrowed
it down to the problem of Excel automatically opening all files in "My
Documents" whenever I launch the program. When I move all files out
of "My Documents" Excel opens with a blank worksheet. If I put a
file back into "My Documents" it opens it. If I delete the file I
open with a blank worksheet. I have looked at all the settings I
know about but can't find a way to stop this. Any suggestions would
be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Stilson

Thank you!

--
Stilson Snow
Lead Business Counselor and Director of Del Norte Services