macka63

Default Cell Margins

How do I get a number to occupy nearly all its cell i.e. with only a small
margin around it?
Katherine Coombs

Hi Macka63,

I'm confused. If you enter in a number, then it's easy to make the column
width such that it is just wide enough to accommodate the contents. To do
this, go to Format--Column--Autofit Selection. But it seems like you're
trying to make the contents fit the column width. Are you after leading
zeros to achieve this? Or trailing zeros? Or a larger font size??

Cheers,
Katherine

"macka63" wrote in message
How do I get a number to occupy nearly all its cell i.e. with only a small
margin around it?

macka63

Hi Katherine,
I did not explain myself well. I have a cell 104 pixels wide and 70 pixels
high. I want to put in that cell say the number 15. In Word I can get it with
only the barest of margins on the left and on the right. However in Xcel
there is a much bigger margin than the mere slither in Word. This is what I
want to achieve. Thanks for your time

Regards
Donald