susanne in new jersey

Default switch colums and rows

Here's my problem...I have a list of bills for workers' comp claimants. Each
bill is in a row with a specific service type (occup med center, radiology,
surgery, physical therapy). The columns house the claimant name, date of
service, a physician name. I need to create a "story" for each claimant
showing the number of days between each service transaction (between
physician visit and surgery, for example). I was thinking that the best way
to do this would be to switch my rows into colums. How would I pull specific
rows (I have a column label with the types of service) into columns. Then if
I do this, is there a simple way to count the number of days between each
type of service. Also, each "story" is unique. For example, some claimants go
to physical therapy before surgery, some after.
Carole O

Susanne -

To switch (transpose) the columns/rows, highlight the entire spreadsheet,
open up a new sheet, Edit, Paste Special, Transpose, OK. Chip Pearson has
info about Date Arithmetic (www.cpearson.com/excel/datearith.htm

HTH,
Carole O