jcouncill

Default Sorting referenced cells

I created a workbook with two worksheets. The first worksheet is a "master"
sheet with part numbers and cost and price information. The second worksheet
contains multiple bills of material that reference the price and cost
information on the first worksheet so the referenced information will only
have to be input once on the master sheet. The problem I have is that as new
part numbers are entered on the "master" sheet I need to resort by part
number to make it easier to find the part numbers. When I sort the "master"
sheet, the referenced cells in the second worksheet stay mapped to the cells
referenced before the sort. I need for the referenced cells in worksheet 2
to follow the sorted cells. How can I do this?
Frank Kabel

Hi
this is not possible with sorting. You may use the VLOOKUP formula on your
second sheet though. See:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany
"jcouncill" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
[...]

Otto Moehrbach

It might be easier for you to do this with VBA, depending on how many
references you have on the second sheet. If you want to try this approach,
send me a file with some examples of what you have and some examples of what
you want to have on the second sheet. I'll work up something that will work
for you. My email address is ottomoatbellsouthdotnet. Change the obvious
in this address. HTH Otto