DJ Phatman

Default best way to number my cd's for a DJ business

I want to number and list my CDs and their track names for a reference book
to look up songs. I need a suggestion and/or template for it

thanks!!
tjtjjtjt

You may be able to adapt something from he
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...s/default.aspx
Browse around a bit-I didn't see anything that would be exactly what you
want, but you could customize one of the Inventory choices.
Or, do a Google search and see what pops up.

tj

"DJ Phatman" wrote:

I want to number and list my CDs and their track names for a reference book
to look up songs. I need a suggestion and/or template for it

thanks!!

Jim Cone

My Excel add-in "List Files" may do some of what you want.
It can list all files and folders and sub-folders on a drive.
Each file name, size, date and file type are included.
Each file name on the list is hyperlinked.
Comes with a one page Word.doc install/use file.
Available - free - upon direct request.
Remove xxx from my email address.

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA
XX

"DJ Phatman" <DJ
wrote in message
I want to number and list my CDs and their track names for a reference book
to look up songs. I need a suggestion and/or template for it

thanks!!

Dave R.

If you have them in electronic format, you can try printing the directory
containing them to a file, then import the file into excel. That may be a
start to cataloging them, anyway.

startruncmd (enter)
go to directory where music is
dir musicdir.txt (enter)
exit (enter)

Now open excel, fileopengo to where music is select text file
musicdir.txt, import.

"DJ Phatman" <DJ wrote in message
I want to number and list my CDs and their track names for a reference

book
to look up songs. I need a suggestion and/or template for it

thanks!!

DJ Phatman

I am looking to create a song-book that will cooincide with my cd's not what
is on my hard drive