rhodesv

Default How to get #value! to return a value of 0?

My formula is like this: =A2+B2+C2. However, some of the values in the B2
column are "--," indicating "not applicable". When I use the formula, it
interprets this as text, of course, and returns the error value of #VALUE!
I want it to treat these as zeroes. How can I do this? I tried doing a FIND
AND REPLACE, but it did not recognize any of the "-- " values in the FIND.
Can anybody help?

Keefer

You already have the best answer but an alternative is to enter a zero in the
cell instead of "--". Format the cell entry to Number - Category Accounting,
resulting in the display of a single dash instead of the number 0.