nach

Default Format excel sheet where one row is silver and the next white ???

I have an excel sheet where it is formatted that one row has a silver
background
and the next has a white background ....

How is it done ????
Frank Kabel

Hi
see:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"nach" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have an excel sheet where it is formatted that one row has a silver
background
and the next has a white background ....

How is it done ????

alexis

nach wrote:
I have an excel sheet where it is formatted that one row has a silver

background
and the next has a white background ....

How is it done ????

It's done by using your fill color. First highlight the row or the
cells in the row that you want to fill with color, then use the drop
down list next to the paint can on your toolbar...it shows you your
available list of colors...then choose the color.

Here's a small tip...after you color 2 or 3 rows the way you want them
to look...copy all of them and then paste them down the sheet to make
formatting easier.

Hope this helps.

Gord Dibben

Alexis

Try this then delete or insert a row.

What happens to the pattern?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On 15 Dec 2004 14:29:02 -0800, "alexis" wrote:

nach wrote:
I have an excel sheet where it is formatted that one row has a silver

background
and the next has a white background ....

How is it done ????

It's done by using your fill color. First highlight the row or the
cells in the row that you want to fill with color, then use the drop
down list next to the paint can on your toolbar...it shows you your
available list of colors...then choose the color.

Here's a small tip...after you color 2 or 3 rows the way you want them
to look...copy all of them and then paste them down the sheet to make
formatting easier.

Hope this helps.

Ken Wright

Or cells/ranges etc :-)

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

nach wrote:
I have an excel sheet where it is formatted that one row has a silver

background
and the next has a white background ....

How is it done ????

It's done by using your fill color. First highlight the row or the
cells in the row that you want to fill with color, then use the drop
down list next to the paint can on your toolbar...it shows you your
available list of colors...then choose the color.

Here's a small tip...after you color 2 or 3 rows the way you want them
to look...copy all of them and then paste them down the sheet to make
formatting easier.

Hope this helps.

---