Westontony

Default Increase default size of worksheet

I am trying to copy a floppy containing data into a Excel
worksheet. I keep getting the message 'all file is not
loaded'. How do increase the default size of a worksheet
to enable the floppy to download all of the data?
Gordon

Westontony wrote:
I am trying to copy a floppy containing data into a Excel
worksheet. I keep getting the message 'all file is not
loaded'. How do increase the default size of a worksheet
to enable the floppy to download all of the data?

Not *quite* sure what you are trying to do, but have you tried copying the
file from the floppy to your HDD and using that?

Gord Dibben

Excel has 256 columns and 65536 rows per worksheet.

To import more would require VBA to spread the data over more than one sheet.

Search google for code.

Alternative.........cut your data file into manageable chunks.

Alternative.........Use Excel's Query features to bring in smaller pieces.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:47:40 -0800, "Westontony"
wrote:

I am trying to copy a floppy containing data into a Excel
worksheet. I keep getting the message 'all file is not
loaded'. How do increase the default size of a worksheet
to enable the floppy to download all of the data?

Gordon

Gord Dibben wrote:
Excel has 256 columns and 65536 rows per worksheet.

To import more would require VBA to spread the data over more than
one sheet.

I would be *very* suprised if data from a floppy (1.4MB only) would fill an
area bigger than 256x65536.......

Leo Heuser

"Gordon" skrev i en meddelelse
Gord Dibben wrote:
Excel has 256 columns and 65536 rows per worksheet.

To import more would require VBA to spread the data over more than
one sheet.

I would be *very* suprised if data from a floppy (1.4MB only) would fill

an
area bigger than 256x65536.......

The floppy may hold data for 15 columns x 70000 rows (as an example)

Gord Dibben

I would be *very* suprised if data from a floppy (1.4MB only) would fill
an
area bigger than 256x65536.......

How did this get tacked onto my posting?

To "Gordon"

I would appreciate if you responded to OP rather than tacking onto others'
postings.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

Gord Dibben wrote:
Excel has 256 columns and 65536 rows per worksheet.

To import more would require VBA to spread the data over more than
one sheet.

I would be *very* suprised if data from a floppy (1.4MB only) would fill

an
area bigger than 256x65536.......

The floppy may hold data for 15 columns x 70000 rows (as an example)

Gord Dibben

Not tacked on Leo.

Is a separate posting with separate header.

Gord

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 06:53:14 +0100, "Leo Heuser"
wrote:

Why tack this to my posting??

Leo Heuser

.. .

Gord Dibben wrote:
Excel has 256 columns and 65536 rows per worksheet.

To import more would require VBA to spread the data over more than
one sheet.

I would be *very* suprised if data from a floppy (1.4MB only) would

fill
an
area bigger than 256x65536.......

The floppy may hold data for 15 columns x 70000 rows (as an example)

Leo Heuser

Strange indeed, Gord.
I use OE, and here it *is* tacked on. See screenshot below.

Go figure!

Leo

Increase default size of worksheet Westontony
Increase default size of worksheet Gordon
Increase default size of worksheet Gord Dibben
Increase default size of worksheet Gordon
Increase default size of worksheet Leo Heuser

Gord Dibben wrote:
Excel has 256 columns and 65536 rows per worksheet.

To import more would require VBA to spread the data over more than
one sheet.

I would be *very* suprised if data from a floppy (1.4MB only) would

fill
an
area bigger than 256x65536.......

The floppy may hold data for 15 columns x 70000 rows (as an example)

Gord Dibben

Leo

We're talking about two different things.

"Gordon"'s post showed up in my post and above my signature(see bottom of this
thread).

My post in reply to yours was between my header name and above my signature.

Your post that I replied to was quoted below my signature.

Gord