bro. Billy

Default ALLOW ROW 1 AS HEADER ROW... NOT PART OF DATA SORT OF ANY COLUMNS.

Office 97 allowed me to keep an Excel spreadsheet row 1 as header row
onscreen while sorting date in any column's date in any row below row 1.
Newer Office 2003 Excel grabs row 1 in any data column sort. I even have row
1 protected with "Freeze Windows".

Help please...

Gord Dibben

Billy

You have to tell Excel you have a header row when in the DataSort dialog box.

OR..make sure the header row is formatted differently from your other rows.

Make it Bold or larger font or something unique.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 10:41:02 -0800, "bro. Billy" <bro.
wrote:

Office 97 allowed me to keep an Excel spreadsheet row 1 as header row
onscreen while sorting date in any column's date in any row below row 1.
Newer Office 2003 Excel grabs row 1 in any data column sort. I even have row
1 protected with "Freeze Windows".

Help please...

bro. Billy

Thank You Mr. Mansfield... What you suggest does work. I realize now that I
did not state in my first memo that I wast using the sort Icons
A-Z(ascending) and A-Z(decending) when I encounter the unwanted 1st row
sorting.

Thanks so very much for all your help and... Merry Christmas and God Bless
You and Yours...