Guibert Joris

Default Excel linked worksheets in Windows sharepoint services

Some of my users have impressive collections of linked worksheets.

We are at the moment migrating our files to a "Windows sharepoint services"
collection.

Some of these users want to change the links between the worksheets (they
want to reorganise the structure of the folders with the linked files).

It works well in an "ordinary" filesystem.
In sharepoint services things go wrong and Excel crashes.

How can this be achieved ?

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Guibert Joris

Informaticus SERV.

Bill Manville

I don't know much about sharepoint services.
How would you name a file from that domain in Excel's File / Open
dialog?

In what way does Excel "crash" when you try to change a link source to
a file in sharepoint services?

What versions of Excel and Windows are you using?

I have a client who uses a (non-Microsoft) document management system.
They have no way of linking to files held within that system and so
applications which rely on linked files have to reside outside the
system in order to be used (even if copies are held within the system
for archiving purposes).

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England