Kenneth CN

Default Master List Losing Record Due to Update from Links

I have a master document that is linked to 7 other excel
sheets. Now the other excel sheets are modified by
different users and the master document is for generating
reports.

But I found out that whenever new records are added in the
attached excel sheets, I lose some data from the Master
sheet.

Please any help would be highly appreciated.

crazybass2

Kenneth,

Sounds like the "post" command that you have is overwriting data on the
master. How are you posting data from the 7 others onto the master? Macro?
Without knowing it's hard to tell what's really going on.

"Kenneth CN" wrote:

I have a master document that is linked to 7 other excel
sheets. Now the other excel sheets are modified by
different users and the master document is for generating
reports.

But I found out that whenever new records are added in the
attached excel sheets, I lose some data from the Master
sheet.

Please any help would be highly appreciated.

Kenneth

Thanks for your response. I honestly do not know how the
sheets are linked. Could you please tell me how to find
out this?

I have not worked with excel extensively, but I am a quick
learner.

Also, of all thew linking styles, which one do you advise
that I use for new projects that are similar to this?

They are asking me to design a new one based on my
understanding of the existing one...so any help would be
highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ken

.