Marc

Default Is there a good comprehensive, understable book for Excel 97?

Is there a good comprehensive, understandable book for Excel 97? Or web
site? Examples of function and controls and how they work and how you make
them work would be very helpful. Excel is so daunting and I second guess
myself every time I write a formula other than the most basic - is there a
simpler easier way to get this done!!! I know where I need to go but so
often have no clue how to get there! I need to eventually add controls so
I can make it a series of questions and you have the quote completed. Now
I'm just using fill in the blanks and functions!

Thanks

Marc

Gord Dibben

Marc

Lots of places to go on-line........here are a few from Ken Wright and myself.

http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html

http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm

Microsoft Training Courses.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...831141033.aspx

Peter Noneley: Function list(downloadable workbook with Excel Functions and
examples)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/noneley/

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:24:15 +0100, "Ken Wright"
wrote:

As far as websites go, then try the following:-

http://www.excel-center.com/
On-line Tutorial - Probably best starting here :-)

http://cpearson.com/
(Will take you a month of sundays to get through that lot)

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm
John Walkenbach's website - say no more

http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
Debra Dalgleish has some great tips that will get you up and running with some
wizzy stuff straight away.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
A compendium of stuff from Dave McRitchie.

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/
If Maths and Numbers are your forte, then this one is for you.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/
Some great bits from Ron, that I wouldn't be without now.

http://peltiertech.com/
Chart Stuff Galore, and a whole lot more.

http://66.206.3.208/Excel/Default.htm
Oodles of Goodies

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
The only way to deal with names in Excel :-)

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/
Both Windows and Mac Magic with Excel

http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/
Excel Tips and Tricks

http://www.dicks-clicks.com/
Click and Explore

http://www.mrexcel.com/
Nice resource for a whole bunch of Excel stuff

That little lot should take you about 20 years to get through. :-)

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 22:39:28 GMT, "Marc"
wrote:

Is there a good comprehensive, understandable book for Excel 97? Or web
site? Examples of function and controls and how they work and how you make
them work would be very helpful. Excel is so daunting and I second guess
myself every time I write a formula other than the most basic - is there a
simpler easier way to get this done!!! I know where I need to go but so
often have no clue how to get there! I need to eventually add controls so
I can make it a series of questions and you have the quote completed. Now
I'm just using fill in the blanks and functions!

Thanks

Marc

Ron de Bruin

Hi Gord

I have Peter's file on my site on this moment because his site is down.

The link is on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/id.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

wrote:

Is there a good comprehensive, understandable book for Excel 97? Or web
site? Examples of function and controls and how they work and how you make
them work would be very helpful. Excel is so daunting and I second guess
myself every time I write a formula other than the most basic - is there a
simpler easier way to get this done!!! I know where I need to go but so
often have no clue how to get there! I need to eventually add controls so
I can make it a series of questions and you have the quote completed. Now
I'm just using fill in the blanks and functions!

Thanks

Marc

Gord Dibben

Thanks Ron.