MISAdmin

Default Recently Used File List

I recently upgraded to Office2003 and the Recently Used file List option is
greyed out and not available. How do I get it back??
JE McGimpsey

Try Tools/Options/General. Check the Recently used file list checkbox,
and make sure the number of files to show is 0

In article ,
"MISAdmin" wrote:

I recently upgraded to Office2003 and the Recently Used file List option is
greyed out and not available. How do I get it back??

Gord Dibben

Are you running TweakUI?

If so, you may have disabled the MRU lists by unchecking "maintain document
history list" under the Explorer tab.

Read more potential causes here..........

http://groups.google.ch/groups?hl=de...%40tkmsftngp07

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:55:08 -0800, "MISAdmin"
wrote:

I recently upgraded to Office2003 and the Recently Used file List option is
greyed out and not available. How do I get it back??

MISAdmin

Thanks but I find no Explorer tab" anywhere in Excel. I am not running tweak
UI, all I did was upgrade from Off 2000, I had set the Recently Used File
list to the max, 9.

MisAdmin

wrote:

I recently upgraded to Office2003 and the Recently Used file List option is
greyed out and not available. How do I get it back??

MISAdmin

Ok, I followd the link you provided and made a change to the registry as the
article explained. That allowed the option in Excel to be available but
still no recently used Excel files would show up. So I went back to the same
place in the registry and changed all the keys that referenced file displays
and now it works. I appreciate the link as I was able to get back something
that MS took away.

Thank you for your help.

MISAdmin