joes

Default Linking to a Worksheet

Hello

I am an Excel dummy.... I like to link from one Sheet to another Sheet
(different Workbooks). Currently I found only a way to copy the sheets
across or to link a single cell to another cell but this is not ideally
because I like to keep the format of the originally cells.

So how can I link a full sheet from one Workbook to another without
copying it?

regards
Mark

David McRitchie

Hi Mark, (aka joes)
I don't really understand the question, as it appears you've already
answered what I thought you might be looking for.

You can assign a cell to the value of a cell on
the same sheet =E3
another sheet =sheet2!E3
another workbook =[otherworkdbook.xls]sheet4!$E$65
by placing an = sign in the cell and then clicking on the source
cell and hitting Enter. Not copying a cell and neither is a
hyperlink described below.

You can't assign an entire workbook to a cell, so you must be
wanting a hyperlink similar to hyperlinking to a webpage:
=HYPERLINK("http://www.ibm.com","IBM") for a website

Coding a link address and friendly name using
HYPERLINK Worksheet function (#hyperlink)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#hyperlink

=HYPERLINK("[c:\temp folder\xyz abc.xls]'Sheet One'!$C$5","Sheet One")
---
HTH,

"joes" wrote in message oups.com...
Hello

I am an Excel dummy.... I like to link from one Sheet to another Sheet
(different Workbooks). Currently I found only a way to copy the sheets
across or to link a single cell to another cell but this is not ideally
because I like to keep the format of the originally cells.

So how can I link a full sheet from one Workbook to another without
copying it?

regards
Mark

Bill Manville

I would not recommend doing what you are asking for - since I can see
no value in having a linked copy of another worksheet. However, I
would do it by
copying the sheet
then replacing A1 in the copied sheet with a link to A1 of the original
sheet (without the $) and then copying that formula to the rest of the
copied sheet.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England