Junior Member

Default Complex IF statement help

I need help with this formula. This works to find out if certain pre-tax deductions on a pay-stub are included in a cafe plan. F4 would be the gross pay check amount. M10 is the total of all entered pre-tax deductions. The formula does the computation and then matches the result against F10 (the FICA tax amount entered from the pay-stub) which should equal each other if the correct deductions are entered. Here's the problem, I need to modify this to also come up with a true statement (You found the cafe plan) not only when the result equals F10, but also when it is within .02 cents either way of F10. Is this possible? Please help!

=IF(ROUND((F4-M10)*0.0565,2)=F10,"You found the café plan!","Not the café plan")

What i have entered works great when the gross tax amount adjusted for pre-tax deductions equals the FICA tax as it should, I just need there to be some degree of variance allowed for F10. Two cents either way should do it.
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcorc502 View Post
[...]

You can do this by combining the AND Function with your IF Function and greater than / less than conditions for the 2 cents.

=IF(AND((ROUND((F4-M10)*0.0565,2)+0.02=F10),((ROUND((F4-M10)*0.0565,2)-0.02<=F10))),"You found the café plan!","Not the café plan")

Last edited by skirkpatrick : September 13th 12 at 04:03 PM Reason: Incorrect answer for all conditions - amended!
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skirkpatrick View Post
You can do this by combining the AND Function with your IF Function and greater than / less than conditions for the 2 cents.

=IF(AND((ROUND((F4-M10)*0.0565,2)+0.02=F10),((ROUND((F4-M10)*0.0565,2)-0.02<=F10))),"You found the café plan!","Not the café plan")
Hi

would I need to do an If statement is if want to do the following ?

i need help with something that looks simple but i cant for the life of me work it out

In cells E10 i want to input a date e.g 01/02/12
i want the worksheet to automatically work out
what target i have hit in cell G10

my targets are
13 weeks
26 week
39 week
52 week
52+

i want the cell G10 to populate the content into one of the 5 targets based on the date i put in

so if i input

01/02/12 cell G10 should automatically have text entered "39 Week"

i also want the formula to work in all cells E10 and G10 onwards