S. Kissing

Default Values

I would like to add 2 values (value and percent) to my column bar chart. I
need to see my raw N and the percent on one bar. Anyone know how to do that?
John Mansfield

As an example, set your data up as follows assuming the below:

(1) The letters are in column A
(2) The numbers are in column B
(3) The percentages are in column C

a 4 25%
b 3 19%
c 4 25%
d 5 31%

Create a Clustered Column Chart. Double-click on the columns and in the
Format Data Series dialog box go to the Data Labels tab and check €śLabel
contains Value€ť. When complete, you should have data labels for all of the
bars.

Again, in the Format Data Series dialog box go to the Options tab. Set the
Overlap to 100%. When complete you should have the percentage bars at the
very bottom of the number bars.

Next, double-click on the percentage bars and in the Format Data Series
dialog box go to the patterns tab. Set the border to €śNone€ť and the area to
€śNone€ť.

At this point, all you have to do is move the data labels to where you want
them on the chart.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"S. Kissing" wrote:

I would like to add 2 values (value and percent) to my column bar chart. I
need to see my raw N and the percent on one bar. Anyone know how to do that?

Jon Peltier

An alternative, if you cannot add a series for some reason, is to construct custom
labels in a fourth column. Use a formula like =TEXT(B2,"0")&" "&TEXT(C2,"0%"). Then
use a third party data labeler to apply labels from this range to the chart. Here
are two easy to install and use, and free, labelers you can use:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

- Jon
-------