Vik

Default Help with Excel Query

Quick question for all the Exel gurus on this forum:

I have a spreadsheet with the following fields dumped into one row:
Ministry,Load Date,Fiscal End,Vendor Name

Below that I have over 9000 rows with the info related to the above fields.
What I want to know is how would I sort the data so that I could find out how
many total contracts vendor X was given for example regardless of ministry?

Can I use Excel to sort it or do I need to create a function or a query in VB?

any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Vik
Dave Peterson

You can use Data|Sort to sort by the vendor name, then Data|subtotals to get
your counts.

Alternatively, you may want to learn about Data|Pivottable.

You may want to look at some links:

Debra Dalgleish's pictures at Jon Peltier's site:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm
And Debra's own site:

John Walkenbach also has some at:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/general.htm
(look for Tony Gwynn's Hit Database)

Chip Pearson keeps Harald Staff's notes at:

MS has some at (xl2000 and xl2002):
http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/XCrtPiv.aspx
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...lconPT101.aspx

--