bw

Default Xcel

Xcel cells formatted with a pattern appear as gray. The print preview though
shows the color. It should be the reverse. Already renamed the normal.dot
file but it didn't work. Please help!
bw
Gord Dibben

bw

If this is a problem with all Excel files with coloured cells, the Windows OS
high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the
following MSKB article:

OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-ca;320531

BTW...........Excel's version of normal.dot(which belongs to Word) is the
Excelx.XLB file

x would be your version as in Excel9.xlb(2000), Excel10.xlb(2002) and in your
case has, I believe, nothing to do with your problem.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP