Stewart

Default Hyperlink to .WAV file not working consistently

I send out Excel reports in a Reporting Services subscription that
contain a hyperlink embedded in one cell. When clicked, it calls a
..wav file on my webserver corresponding to the url. The webserver is
setup for anonymous access and this solution works fine for me and
several other users. (we click the link and our default .wav player
plays the correct file.)

For others, nothing happens when they click the hyperlink.
However, on their machines, I can copy the hyperlink from Excel into IE
and the .wav file plays as expected on their boxes.

Any ideas as to why the same link works in the IE browser on these
boxes but not from Excel, while it works fine from Excel on other
machines? (I assume this is an Excel issue and not Reporting Services
since the link works correctly in IE for all and correctly in Excel for
some users. )

Thanks,

Stewart Whaley
Systems Development Group