Junior Member

Default Access Query Linked to Excel fixed rows

I have a query in Access that is linked to Excel. The query produces more records each month. However the Excel linked data only shows the number of records which i could originally see when I did the paste special and "link".
Bill Manville

A better method of bringing data from Access into Excel would be to use
Data / Import External Data / New Database Query.

Alternatively you could clear the current table and repeat the process
you used previously to get the linked data.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Manville
A better method of bringing data from Access into Excel would be to use
Data / Import External Data / New Database Query.

Alternatively you could clear the current table and repeat the process
you used previously to get the linked data.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England
Thankyou for that. New database Query works fine and I can use the Access written Queries as the input to MSquery. One question, can I get the MSqueries to autorun on opening the spreadsheet in Excel without being asked if I wish to do so?
Bill Manville

I think you would have to mark the queries as not running on startup
and then have a startup macro that runs them.

Sub Auto_Open()
Dim WS As Worksheet
Dim QT As QueryTable
For Each WS In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets