mm1861

Default Excel caluclation setting reverts back to manual when I close Exce

Hi,
I'm running Office 2003 SP1 on XP SP2. I have an Excel SS that will not
retain the caluclation setting so that I have to change it to Automatic each
time I open the SS.

This is not a large file and has only a few functions.

Anyone have a suggestion as to how I can get Automatic to stay turned on?

thanks, in advance.
mm
Gary's Student

These are suggestions:
1. make sure no worksheet or workbook templates (.XLT) are forcing back to
manual

2. make sure no start-up macros are forcing back to manual calculation
--
Gary's Student

"mm1861" wrote:

Hi,
I'm running Office 2003 SP1 on XP SP2. I have an Excel SS that will not
retain the caluclation setting so that I have to change it to Automatic each
time I open the SS.

This is not a large file and has only a few functions.

Anyone have a suggestion as to how I can get Automatic to stay turned on?

thanks, in advance.
mm

mm1861

Gary's:
Wouldn't the template only effect the original build of the SS? I didn't
think the template would be involved on a re-open for modification. I could
easily be wrong though.

No macros in this SS.

thanks,
mm

"mm1861" wrote:

Hi,
I'm running Office 2003 SP1 on XP SP2. I have an Excel SS that will not
retain the caluclation setting so that I have to change it to Automatic each
time I open the SS.

This is not a large file and has only a few functions.

Anyone have a suggestion as to how I can get Automatic to stay turned on?

thanks, in advance.
mm

mm1861

Gary's,

Your macro suggestion made me go back and find that i was calling macros
after all. thanks for making me double-check.
I'm fixed up now.

thanks,
mm

"mm1861" wrote:

Hi,
I'm running Office 2003 SP1 on XP SP2. I have an Excel SS that will not
retain the caluclation setting so that I have to change it to Automatic each
time I open the SS.

This is not a large file and has only a few functions.

Anyone have a suggestion as to how I can get Automatic to stay turned on?

thanks, in advance.
mm

David McRitchie

good that you found the errant macro.

Finding a macro or even worse someone else's addin that turns off calculation
can be very difficult. My solution to identifying the problem closer to when it
happens is to always check the option when opening Excel.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...esp.htm#addins