Cruickshank Brothers

Default suppress zero values in line charts?

How can I suppress the plotting of zero values in line charts? The source
cells have a formula that evaluates as zero for future dates in the date
range.
Nick Hodge

Rather than getting the formula to evaluate to zero, get it to evaluate to
the N/A# error

=IF(Date<Today,NA(),Value)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Cruickshank Brothers" <Cruickshank

wrote in message ...
How can I suppress the plotting of zero values in line charts? The source
cells have a formula that evaluates as zero for future dates in the date
range.

Tushar Mehta

In addition to Nick's suggestion check
Dynamic Charts
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...rts/index.html

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article , "=?
Utf-8?B?Q3J1aWNrc2hhbmsgQnJvdGhlcnM=?=" <Cruickshank
says...
How can I suppress the plotting of zero values in line charts? The source
cells have a formula that evaluates as zero for future dates in the date
range.

Kevin Gallagher

How do I suppress zero values in a pie chart. i have tried returning
na# instead of zero and I tried using the format General; General,
neither are working for me with pie charts.... the na# appears, and
when I use General; General a dash "-" appears.

By way of explanation - I have a list of customers with a contribution%
against each - i wish to show the postive % customers on one pie chart,
and the negative % csutomers on a second pie chart. i have therefore
created two new % values and used an IF statement to supress postives
on one and negatives on the other. From that I make two graphs...

--
Kevin Gallagher
Kevin Gallagher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7459

Jon Peltier

Kevin -

The NA() trick to get #N/A in a cell doesn't help with pie charts. You almost got it
with the number formats, but you only specified positive and negative number
formats. You need to add two semicolons:

General;General;;

The lack of anything between the last two semicolons tells Excel not to show zeros.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services