howie1

Default Logarithmic Scale - Tic Label Disappearance

My chart has y-axis values on a scale from 10 to 100 in increments of 10 per
each tic. When I set the scale to logarithmic, the only two tic values left
appearing on the axis are 10 and 100. How do I get the values 10, 20, 30,
...., 100 all to appear on the axis?
Jon Peltier

On a log scale, the powers of ten are the major ticks, and the in between ticks are
the minor ticks. Only major ticks have labels.

You could use a dummy series to add tick labels, using the following example. You
don't need to use crosses on the dummy points, use the minor ticks instead. Use the
values as labels (20, 30, etc.) and the logs of these as the coordinate along the axis.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

howie1 wrote:

My chart has y-axis values on a scale from 10 to 100 in increments of 10 per
each tic. When I set the scale to logarithmic, the only two tic values left
appearing on the axis are 10 and 100. How do I get the values 10, 20, 30,
...., 100 all to appear on the axis?

Tushar Mehta

See Flexible Log Scale
http://www.tushar-
mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/flexible_log_scale/index.html

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article , howie1