Rick, United Kingdom

Default HELP!!!! Lost Menu Bar!!!! Please Help (sob)

My 5 year old son got onto my computor while i was away!!! he managed to
remove all the Buttons and toolbars from Word and Excel! including the menu
bar buttons (File, Edit etc). I got the standard toolbar buttons back, but
the menu bar buttons have completly gone! How do i get them back? I am blind
with out them!!!!

HELLLLLLLP!!!
Bob Phillips

Excel - in the VB IDE (Alt-F11), open the immediate window (Ctrl-G), and
type

Application.Commandbars(1).Enabled = True

--

HTH

RP

"Rick, United Kingdom" wrote
in message ...
My 5 year old son got onto my computor while i was away!!! he managed to
remove all the Buttons and toolbars from Word and Excel! including the

menu
bar buttons (File, Edit etc). I got the standard toolbar buttons back, but
the menu bar buttons have completly gone! How do i get them back? I am

blind
with out them!!!!

HELLLLLLLP!!!

Rick, United Kingdom

Hi, I did as you said, but nothing happened! I still don't have the File Edit
etc.
i typed as exactly as you displayed it. should i add the (-- RP) thing
though when i tried that said there was an incomplete sub form.
hoping for a response.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Excel - in the VB IDE (Alt-F11), open the immediate window (Ctrl-G), and
type

Application.Commandbars(1).Enabled = True

--

HTH

RP

"Rick, United Kingdom" wrote
in message ...
My 5 year old son got onto my computor while i was away!!! he managed to
remove all the Buttons and toolbars from Word and Excel! including the

menu
bar buttons (File, Edit etc). I got the standard toolbar buttons back, but
the menu bar buttons have completly gone! How do i get them back? I am

blind
with out them!!!!

HELLLLLLLP!!!

Rick, United Kingdom

Maybe i should add that i am using Office 2000 Pro. I am also purchasing
Office 2003 Pro if this problem is not solved should i install over office
2000 and will the same problem arise in office 2003?
Or should i uninstall Office 2000 first (including root files)?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Excel - in the VB IDE (Alt-F11), open the immediate window (Ctrl-G), and
type

Application.Commandbars(1).Enabled = True

--

HTH

RP

"Rick, United Kingdom" wrote
in message ...
My 5 year old son got onto my computor while i was away!!! he managed to
remove all the Buttons and toolbars from Word and Excel! including the

menu
bar buttons (File, Edit etc). I got the standard toolbar buttons back, but
the menu bar buttons have completly gone! How do i get them back? I am

blind
with out them!!!!

HELLLLLLLP!!!

Bob Phillips

No just the Application line.

--

HTH

RP

"Rick, United Kingdom" wrote
in message ...

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Excel - in the VB IDE (Alt-F11), open the immediate window (Ctrl-G), and
type

Application.Commandbars(1).Enabled = True

--

HTH

RP

"Rick, United Kingdom"

wrote
in message ...
My 5 year old son got onto my computor while i was away!!! he managed

remove all the Buttons and toolbars from Word and Excel! including the

menu
bar buttons (File, Edit etc). I got the standard toolbar buttons back,

but
the menu bar buttons have completly gone! How do i get them back? I am

blind
with out them!!!!

HELLLLLLLP!!!

Rick, United Kingdom

Ok did that. and still nothing happened so i did the obvious! and pressed
enter. the follloing message popped up in a window:

Complie error;
Expected; indentifier or bracketed expression.

I am sorry to be a pain. but i really am lost now!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Excel - in the VB IDE (Alt-F11), open the immediate window (Ctrl-G), and
type

Application.Commandbars(1).Enabled = True

--

HTH

RP

"Rick, United Kingdom"

wrote
in message ...
My 5 year old son got onto my computor while i was away!!! he managed

remove all the Buttons and toolbars from Word and Excel! including the
menu
bar buttons (File, Edit etc). I got the standard toolbar buttons back,

but
the menu bar buttons have completly gone! How do i get them back? I am
blind
with out them!!!!

HELLLLLLLP!!!

Dave Peterson

Is this the line you used?

Application.Commandbars(1).Enabled = True

(Did you copy and paste or did you type it in. I'm guessing a typo error. I'd
try again!)

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

Rick, United Kingdom

ok so there may have been a typo. but this time i copied and pasted. no error
pop up. But still no File, Edit. etc. I pressed return and it just moved the
curser down. to the next line in the editor.
What am i doing wrong? I have even tried reinstalling after taking all trace
of office off my machine but the same thing happens it starts up with no
command bar buttons. Is my pc doomed never to run office again?? what will
happen when i install office 2003? (beginning to sob again)

Is this the line you used?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson

It might be easier to just destroy the existing *.xlb file (where excel stores
customizations) and recreate it at your leisure.

Close excel
windows start button|search|
look for *.xlb
(remember to look in hidden folders, too!)

If you want, rename all you find to *.xlbOLD (just in case).

Then restart excel.

If it worked ok, delete those *.xlbOLD files.

If it didn't work ok, close excel and rename them back to *.xlb (no harm, no
foul).

Rick, United Kingdom wrote:

ok so there may have been a typo. but this time i copied and pasted. no error
pop up. But still no File, Edit. etc. I pressed return and it just moved the
curser down. to the next line in the editor.
What am i doing wrong? I have even tried reinstalling after taking all trace
of office off my machine but the same thing happens it starts up with no
command bar buttons. Is my pc doomed never to run office again?? what will
happen when i install office 2003? (beginning to sob again)

Is this the line you used?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

Pecas

I had exactly the same problem and destroying the xlb was the solution.
Thank you very much Dave
German Vivanco
Spain

Rick, United Kingdom wrote:

ok so there may have been a typo. but this time i copied and pasted. no error
pop up. But still no File, Edit. etc. I pressed return and it just moved the
curser down. to the next line in the editor.
What am i doing wrong? I have even tried reinstalling after taking all trace
of office off my machine but the same thing happens it starts up with no
command bar buttons. Is my pc doomed never to run office again?? what will
happen when i install office 2003? (beginning to sob again)

Is this the line you used?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson

Google is your friend!

Glad you found it.

Rick, United Kingdom wrote:

ok so there may have been a typo. but this time i copied and pasted. no error
pop up. But still no File, Edit. etc. I pressed return and it just moved the
curser down. to the next line in the editor.
What am i doing wrong? I have even tried reinstalling after taking all trace
of office off my machine but the same thing happens it starts up with no
command bar buttons. Is my pc doomed never to run office again?? what will
happen when i install office 2003? (beginning to sob again)

Is this the line you used?