Jonas

Default Excel settings....

Hello,
is there any way to increase excels limits of number of characthers in each
cell (default 1024 for cell)? Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks
Jonas
Dave Peterson

That limit is really 32767 characters per cell.

If you're having trouble seeing more than 1000 characters, add some alt-enters
every 80-100 characters.

--

Dave Peterson
Jonas

Hi, is it really 32767 character per cell? When looking in excel help for
specification and limits it says

Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a
cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar.

This alt-enter thing you talking about, is this a way to get around the 1024
display limit?

Jonas

Jonas wrote:

Hello,
is there any way to increase excels limits of number of characthers in each
cell (default 1024 for cell)? Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks
Jonas

--

Dave Peterson

Jonas

No it does not help since I cant fit all the characthers I want despite
putting in alt-enter in several places. Some of the text is only seen in the
formula line and ii doesnt help to resize the cell either.

Any more suggestions to help?

Regards

Jonas

Jonas wrote:

Hello,
is there any way to increase excels limits of number of characthers in

each
cell (default 1024 for cell)? Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks
Jonas

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

How many characters are in that cell? Use a formula like: =len(a1) to find
out.

Did you add them every 80-100 characters?

Did you resize the rowheight manually?

Jonas wrote:

Hello,
is there any way to increase excels limits of number of characthers in

each
cell (default 1024 for cell)? Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks
Jonas

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Jonas

Hi again,
the number of characthers differ but can be as many as 1700 in one cell.

I added the alt-enter at every 80-100 characther and resized the row height
both manuallay and by autofit. Still cant fit all the characther.