Blair

Default NUM on the bottom of page-Missing

A friend was showing me how to use NUM to add items which were not in line.
When I load my sheets in Excel I have no NUM at the bottom. How do I get
this?
Blair

Andy Wiggins

Turn on your Num Lock key?

--
Andy Wiggins FCCA
www.BygSoftware.com

"Blair" wrote in message
A friend was showing me how to use NUM to add items which were not in

line.
When I load my sheets in Excel I have no NUM at the bottom. How do I get
this?
Blair

Blair

I tried that but every time I pressed the NUM lock key an additional sheet
appeared on the bottom list
Blair

"Andy Wiggins" wrote in message
Turn on your Num Lock key?

--

"Blair" wrote in message
A friend was showing me how to use NUM to add items which were not in

line.
When I load my sheets in Excel I have no NUM at the bottom. How do I get
this?
Blair

Andy Wiggins

Without seeing your keyboard, I'm guessing that your NUM key shares the F11
key.
You probably need to press the NUM key in combination with another (possibly
labelled "Fn" - see your manual)..

--

"Blair" wrote in message
A friend was showing me how to use NUM to add items which were not

in
line.
When I load my sheets in Excel I have no NUM at the bottom. How do

get
this?
Blair

Andy Wiggins

On a "normal" keyboard the NUM key is sued to toggle the numeric pad which
is usually found on the right side of the keyboard. In NUM mode it acts as a
numeric/calculator/telephone number pad. in non-NUM mode it becomes a
navigation aide.

By switching your laptop to NUM mode a series of keys (usually some of the
letters) become your number pad. The characters on these keys might be in
different colours, maybe white for letters and blue for numbers.

This is really a question you should now address to your laptop's manual to
discover how its keyboard operates. When you have learnt that, you can apply
it to programs that make use of these facilities, such as Excel.