Lorraine

Default Multiple font styles (superscript and subscript, for example)

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Kathryn -

We all admire your resourcefulness. Thanks for sharing your approach
with the group.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Kathryn wrote:

Thanks, Jon - although I still can't get the y axis label to cooperate and
allow me to format characters individually, I've added text to an inserted
rectangle and then rotated the text. And I'm using a text box instead of the
legend to let me format those entries.

Kathryn

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Kathryn -

You can mix font formats in the chart title, axis titles, data labels,
and text boxes. Click once to select the item, and a second time to
insert the cursor and select the characters to format. (Data labels
require three single clicks.) Then use the formatting buttons on the
command bar, or use the format menu (or the shortcut CTRL+1) to open the
Format dialog.

Axis tick labels cannot be formatted individually like this. You can
format an entire legend entry different from the others (two single
clicks, then format), but you cannot access characters within an entry.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Kathryn wrote:

Is there any way to use multiple font styles in Excel chart labels (titles of
data series, axes, etc.)? I must format graphs of results and have to use
variables in Symbol font, italics, superscript, and subscript, etc.