brownang

Default Linking to a tab in another worksheet

I want to do a very simple task - click on a link in one worksheet and get it
to open a specific tab in another worksheet. Is this possible?
Ken Wright

Insert / Hyperlink / Place in this document

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"brownang" wrote in message
I want to do a very simple task - click on a link in one worksheet and get
it
to open a specific tab in another worksheet. Is this possible?

Bill Manville

Certainly can. You can even specify an address within the sheet.

Details of how to create it in Insert / Hyperlink may differ according
to your version of Excel (for example, in Excel 2000 browse to the file
and then click Bookmark).

What you should end up with is a hyperlink like
C:\MyDir\MyFile.XLS#'My Sheet Name'!A1

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

brownang

Ah, I forgot to say that it was a link to a tab in another workbook.

------------------------------Â*------------------------------Â*----------------
------------------------------Â*------------------------------Â*----------------

"brownang" wrote in message
I want to do a very simple task - click on a link in one worksheet and get
it
to open a specific tab in another worksheet. Is this possible?

Ken Wright

OK, so hyperlink to the other document and then have an auto open code on
the other document that takes you to the required tab. It just means that
it will go there no matter who opens the file.

Regards