Gian

Default Floating column chart

I try to create a floating column chart for the daily minimum and maximum
temperature. I start by create a stacked column chart by ploting two series
of data: minimum temperature and (maximum - minimum) temperature, and then I
make the minimum temperature series invisible. This work fine if the minimum
and maxmum temperature both are above 0 degree or below 0 degree. It will not
work if the minimum is less than 0 degree and maximum is greater than 0
degree. How can I solve this problem?

Thanks.
Barb Reinhardt

You could plot it in terms of absolute temperature and then use Rob Bovey's
chart labeler to identify the temp in the units you want.

http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

"Gian" wrote in message
I try to create a floating column chart for the daily minimum and maximum
temperature. I start by create a stacked column chart by ploting two

series
of data: minimum temperature and (maximum - minimum) temperature, and then

make the minimum temperature series invisible. This work fine if the

minimum
and maxmum temperature both are above 0 degree or below 0 degree. It will

not
work if the minimum is less than 0 degree and maximum is greater than 0
degree. How can I solve this problem?

Thanks.

Jon Peltier

Gian -

This page tells how to deal with stacked column charts that cross the X axis:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...eAndBelow.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP