Brian Reilly, MS MVP

Default xl chart font sizing into PPT

Hi Jon and Tushar, et al,
Problem is getting charts from XL into PPT with the font sizing
remaining intact as planned. E.g. want x and y axes as 10 points. (VBA
alllowed here)

Typically would use custom chart sheet page sizes to handle this and
does work perfectly by resizing Insert/Object to 100% (never use
copy/paste). Problem lies in chart being planned at right size but
underrsized for this month 'cuz gotta add more text in textbox above
it. So chart gets smaller and so do fonts.

So end user resizes chart down some % which resizes fonts in "actual
size, but not in XL size" (XL still thinks it's 10 points but it's
smaller than a 10 point font size text box in PPT textbox.

Here's my plan. Make sense or not?
Reactivate every XL chart with VBA and resize the font back to 10
points, but that works conceptually except that the reactivated OLE
object thinks it's still 10 points which it's really not to PPT. So I
figure I just have to capture the pre measures top/left/width/height
and font sizes and do some arithmetic (which XL could do) and resize
the fonts from whatever they were to whatever they should be. I don't
think "Don't resize fonts option works here" or would it?

Any ideas.

Brian Reilly, PowerPoint MVP
Jon Peltier

Brian -

Let me noodle on this. I had an unsatisfying go at this with MSG, and I'm not sure
Excel as OLE objects would behave any better.

- Jon