Bill Lentz

Default File Open Box

I'm running Excel 2003.

When I launch the file open box, I use the details view. I prefer to
have the "Date Modified" attribute be immediately visible, because I
usually sort that field when looking for a file.

My problem is that I rearrange the fields that are presented in the
File Open window so that the Date Modified field appears, but I can't
figure out how to make this the default view. (I have to reset the
fields everyday).

I've tried using the Windows explore to reset the views, but that
doesn't seem to have "taken."

Hope this explanation makes sense. Is there any way to reset this
default?

Thanks
Bill