Ajay

Default Import of Outlook Mails to Excel Sheet

Hi,

I m trying to export mails from Outlook to Excel Sheet, but not able to
export.

Is there any way to export mails from outlook to excel ?
or
Is there any way to import data from outlook to excel ?

Best Regards
Ajay Bhatnagar
Kassie

Hi Ajay

You can actually export from Outlook to Excel. In Outlook, click on
File|Import and export|Export to a file|Microsoft Excel, click on Next,
select the directory where you want to export from, click on Next,Enter a
name for the export file, click on Next, click on Map custom fields, and
select which fields you want to export. Now click on finish, and voila. You
may not at first glance like what you see, but you can sort that out again.

"Ajay" wrote:

Hi,

I m trying to export mails from Outlook to Excel Sheet, but not able to
export.

Is there any way to export mails from outlook to excel ?
or
Is there any way to import data from outlook to excel ?

Best Regards
Ajay Bhatnagar

Ajay

Hi Kassie,

I had done all these activities earlier, but i hadn't get desired result .
It shows only partial data.

Actually, i had around 2000 mails in my outlook, which i want to transfer to
excel sheet to design a desired database. For that i have manually copy-paste
the each mails to excel. And it takes many hours to complete this activity.

So, kindly suggest me the alternate way also.

Best Regards,
Ajay Bhatnagar

"Ajay" wrote:

Hi,

I m trying to export mails from Outlook to Excel Sheet, but not able to
export.

Is there any way to export mails from outlook to excel ?
or
Is there any way to import data from outlook to excel ?

Best Regards
Ajay Bhatnagar

Ajay

Hi Kassie,

Thanks for your earlier replies ...

There are approx. 2000 mail in my outlook, what i need to do ? I want to
transfer those mail to excel sheet , so that i can be able to seggregate the
data, do analysis and generate the report.

There is huge data, which i am not able explain here ...

Note : " The Whole, i need to do analysis on those mail and generate Reports
.. "

Best Regards,
Ajay Bhatnagar

"Ajay" wrote:

Hi,

I m trying to export mails from Outlook to Excel Sheet, but not able to
export.

Is there any way to export mails from outlook to excel ?
or
Is there any way to import data from outlook to excel ?

Best Regards
Ajay Bhatnagar

Kassie

Hi Ajay

What you want to do, is not going to be that easy. With a straight export,
you are going to loose data as a result of Excel's limitations. You will
have to write code to do it correctly.

I suggest you post to the Outlook usergroup for assistance. Sorry I could
not help you though.

Hope you come right!

--
ve_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa

"Ajay" wrote:

Hi Kassie,

Thanks for your earlier replies ...

There are approx. 2000 mail in my outlook, what i need to do ? I want to
transfer those mail to excel sheet , so that i can be able to seggregate the
data, do analysis and generate the report.

There is huge data, which i am not able explain here ...

Note : " The Whole, i need to do analysis on those mail and generate Reports
. "

Best Regards,
Ajay Bhatnagar

"Ajay" wrote:

Hi,

I m trying to export mails from Outlook to Excel Sheet, but not able to
export.

Is there any way to export mails from outlook to excel ?
or
Is there any way to import data from outlook to excel ?

Best Regards
Ajay Bhatnagar

David McRitchie

In order to get help you will at least have to indicate what parts of the
email that you would have to extract along with posting to the correct newsgroup.
What you are probably asking for is not going to be a typical question.
So if you have to get at internals you may have to use another program
to help extract the data.

For instance if you just want what you see of the headers when you make your
selection that would be a lot easier and you might even be able to use tools
that are not specific to an application. For instance SnagIT (pay for) could to that,
but it will only pick up what you can see (truncated fields). But there would be
tools that can migrate your email and you could probably get your information
from such tools.
---
HTH,