Bill Toothaker

Default Saving clipboard Items

I always use the same clipboard items in a particular workbook. How can I
save the clipboard items to appear the next time I open Excel?
Kassie

Hi Bill

Wouldn't it ber easier to put those phrases or data in a named range, and
then use a formula wherever you need it?

"Bill Toothaker" wrote:

I always use the same clipboard items in a particular workbook. How can I
save the clipboard items to appear the next time I open Excel?

Kassie

Hi Bill

That changes the question, doesn't it?
I always use the same clipboard items in a particular workbook.

You could use VBA code to insert whatever it is you want to re-use at the
current location, iow a macro

"Bill Toothaker" wrote:

I always use the same clipboard items in a particular workbook. How can I
save the clipboard items to appear the next time I open Excel?

Bill Toothaker

I am trying to set something simple up for someone simplier than me? So the
answer would be no, there is no way to save the clipboard contents to be able
to use them the snext time I open Excel, without writing a macro?
--
Bill T

"Bill Toothaker" wrote:

I always use the same clipboard items in a particular workbook. How can I
save the clipboard items to appear the next time I open Excel?

Kassie

Hi Bill

I suppose the easiest would be to save it in a spreadsheet. Name this
whatever you want, but so that it is quick to find, maybe a.xls, or
aquote.xls. Your friend can then open this file as well as the other file he
wants to work in, and cut and paste between this sheet and the workbook he
wants to use it in. Saving to the clipboard is not possible. Otherwise, a
macro will work, but you need to know what to do