Michael hauschild

Default Open all various hyperlinks in SAME browser window?

Hi all,

I am trying to solve a "simple" problem:

There are various links in an Excel sheet - all point to an Extranet where a
login is required. In order to avoid multiple logins when clicking several
links in the Excel file, all links in the Excel sheet should reference the
same browser window - in order to recognize the open session.

How do I instruct Excel in the respective hyperlink to make use to the
already opened IE window?

Everything I tried so far as add-on to the hyperlink (like a
target="_maplan" or the like) was ignored, Excel simply added this to the
URL in the new browser window.

Any one with a suggestion? BTW, so far macros and VBA have not been used in
order to avoid the "potential virus warning" upon opening the file.

Greetings

Michael

Bill Manville

I don't suppose it helps if you open the Excel sheet in a browser
window instead of in Excel?

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Michael hauschild

I don't suppose it helps if you open the Excel sheet in a browser
window instead of in Excel?

This produces another error where the browser will continuously try to save
the file (and produces nasty error messages on every click). Our dealers
have therefore been advised to first download the file and then use it.
For info: the file is a "Marketing Planner" the dealers should also use for
their own planning in dependance of the manufacturer's activities.

Thanks for the hint anyway.

Regards

Michael