tgs77m

Default I cannot delete rows or columns in Excel 2002. How do I fix this?

The delete option in the Edit menu does not highlight. I cannot get rows or
columns to delete. How do I fix this problem.
Dave Peterson

Is your worksheet protected?

Does it happen in a brand new worksheet in a brand new workbook?

If it does, maybe just resetting that toolbar would be sufficient.

Tools|customize|toolbars tab
select "worksheet menu bar"
click Reset

You'll lose any changes that you've made to that toolbar--but you can add them
back.

--

Dave Peterson
tgs77m

Worksheet not protected.

This problem always happens in any worksheet I open.

Re-setting tool bar using your suggestion still does not work

Best regards,

"tgs77m" wrote:

The delete option in the Edit menu does not highlight. I cannot get rows or
columns to delete. How do I fix this problem.

Dave Peterson

You could try this...

Close excel
windows start button|search (or find)
*.xlb
(Look for hidden files in hidden folders, too)

Rename all of them to *.xlbOLD.

Start excel normally and see if it works ok.

If yes, then dump those *.xlbOLD files and customize your toolbar at your
leisure.

If there's still problems, then close excel and rename the *.xlbOLD files back
to *.xlb (no harm, no foul!).