Roger

Default Breaking links

I have some files that I have upgraded from Excel 5 to Excel 2002. While
they contain links when I open them in Excel 2002 and select Edit, Links the
area is grayed out ie not usable. Does anyone know how to break these kinds
of links?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated,

Roger

Bill Manville

You won't be able to break a link if the worksheet it is on is
protected.

Excel 2002 does not treat a link in a Name that is not used in any
formula as being a link (unlike earlier versions). So you might not
get the Update links? message in 2002 when you did in earlier versions.

If all else fails try FINDLINK.XLA from http://www.OALtd.co.uk/mvp

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England