pmorgan

Default How do I change language in Excel?

I have a french version of Excel installed on my computer. Can I change the
language so that I can input commands in English - eg using IF function
instead of SI?
Bob Phillips

I don't think you can,. the language versions are different. It is amazing
that they don't have something like a language pack, but there you go.

Why do you want this? Is it because you don't always know the French
equivalent? If so, you can type it in English in the immediate window, and
Excel translates, such as

Activecell.Formula =
"=IF(SUM(A1:B10)9,VLOOKUP(A1,H1:M10,,False),COUNT OF(A1:A10,9))

and the activecell will be French.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"pmorgan" wrote in message
I have a french version of Excel installed on my computer. Can I change

the
language so that I can input commands in English - eg using IF function
instead of SI?

dee

Hello,

I'm having the same problem with excel.
On my computer it's the french version that i have but i need the
english one as i've assignment to give back on monday in english.
I guess my teacher won't be able to see my worksheet if i'm doing
everything in French.

Any ideas?

--
dee