Barb Reinhardt

Default 3D Chart with Continuous Data in all three Axes

I am attempting to create a 3D chart with continuous data in the X, Y and Z
axis. I have reviewed Tushar Mehta's 3D chart techniques, but one of the
axes is functionally a "line" chart and not continuous. Do I have any
options with Excel to get a REAL X, Y, Z plot?

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Barb Reinhardt

Jon Peltier

Barb -

You can fake 3D x-y-z charts if you know a little trig, or have clever friends like
Andy Pope (http://andypope.info) and Fernando Cinquegrani
(http://www.prodomosua.it/ppage02.html). Check out their examples.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Barb Reinhardt wrote:

I am attempting to create a 3D chart with continuous data in the X, Y and Z
axis. I have reviewed Tushar Mehta's 3D chart techniques, but one of the
axes is functionally a "line" chart and not continuous. Do I have any
options with Excel to get a REAL X, Y, Z plot?

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Barb Reinhardt

Barb Reinhardt

My initial reply this AM didn't come through. I looked at both of these,
but they didn't provide exactly what I was looking for, so I decided to
create my own. As trigonometry is a distant memory, I had to do a small
bit of research, but I'm getting something like what I need now. Thanks
for sending me in the right direction.