Ken Rock

Default Worksheet links

Hi,
Can anyone help me with this request?
I can copy the data in cell D4 of worksheet 'Sheet1' to,say, cell E5 in
Sheet2 in the same workbook by typing into Sheet2,cell E5 " =sheet1!D4 ".
Is it possible to refer to another cell in Sheet2 which contains the cell
address referring to the data in Sheet1?
For example, C6 in Sheet2 contains the data "D4", is it possible to put into
E5 some expression using the format " =Sheet1!(contents of Sheet2,C6)?
Thanks in advance, Ken Rock

Ken Rock

Many thanks for your prompt response.
I'm sure this will work since I managed to get the hoped-for result once.
However, subsequent attempts only resulted in the formula being shown in the
cell - not the data pointed to.
I've had this before even for simple "=Sheet1!C4" formula trials. Is it a
formatting error? Changing the cell address values in the Formula Bar
manually also brings about this phenomena.

Ken Rock