SWeyer

Default Display max and min on bar graph

Hello all. I am constructing bar graph to display the numerical results of
our quality metrics, and my boss would like the maximun and the mininum
displayed for each category as dots over and in the individual bars. I know
I can add error bars, but is there any way to do it as a simple dot and not
have the lines? I hope that makes sense.

SWeyer

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, this will not work for me, as I
have a chart that displays five columns (I mispoke before I am using a column
chart, not a bar chart) for each month. The idea is to track the performance
in each of the 5 categories across the year.

"SWeyer" wrote in message
Hello all. I am constructing bar graph to display the numerical results

of
our quality metrics, and my boss would like the maximun and the mininum
displayed for each category as dots over and in the individual bars. I

know
I can add error bars, but is there any way to do it as a simple dot and

not
have the lines? I hope that makes sense.

SWeyer

Yes, but it requires too much formatting. My boss wants something she can
keep and enter data into on a month by month basis and have it automatically
spit out a graph. I have already set this up for her previously, she's just
seeing if I can add another set of bells and whistles. But I've come to the
conclusion she can't have all the data on one graph and have it make any
sense. She seems fine with this, thank heavens :) Thanks for all your help!

"SWeyer" wrote in message
Hello all. I am constructing bar graph to display the numerical

results
of
our quality metrics, and my boss would like the maximun and the

mininum
displayed for each category as dots over and in the individual bars.

know
I can add error bars, but is there any way to do it as a simple dot

and
not
have the lines? I hope that makes sense.

Jon Peltier

Actually, I think this one fits the latest description:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...olAndLine.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP