RealRunner7

Default Page numbers

I have a seven page Excel worksheet that will be interted into a larger
document. The center section of the footer should display Page 1 of 7
through page 7 of 7. The right hand section should display Page 3 though 9.
Changing the 'First page number' from Auto to 3 makes the right section
correct but then the center section will display Page 3 of 7 through page 9
of 7. In a previous version of Excel the correct numbering could be done by
putting Page &[page] of &[pages] in the center section and Page &[page]+2 in
the right section. Using that method with version 2003 yields Page 12
through page 72. How can Excel be set so that the center section of the
footer displaya Page 1 of 7 through page 7 of 7 while the right hand section
displays Page 3 though 9?

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

To change the page numbers in Excel, choose FilePage Setup
On the Page tab, change the 'First page number' from Auto to 19

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

My spreadsheet is 2 pages long and will be inserted into a Word document. I need the speadsheet to show page 19 on the first page and page 20 on the second. I tried using the footer function, but that printed page 19 on each page. Is there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I have that same problem. Page &[page]+2 only adds the number 2 to the # of
pages that will be printed but I want to adjust the total # of pages. I have
also learned that Office 2007 does not 'fix' this problem. Did you get any
answers?

ekmason5

My spreadsheet is 2 pages long and will be inserted into a Word document. I need the speadsheet to show page 19 on the first page and page 20 on the second. I tried using the footer function, but that printed page 19 on each page. Is there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Add a <space after the 2 in Page &[page]+2

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP