bk1803

Default How to create short cuts in excel?

David McRitchie

The subject should summarize the question it's okay if they match, but empty
postings are somewhat of a nuisance, like when is the question going to appear.

To create a shortcut key for a macro
Alt+F8 (Tools, macro, macros), select the macro, options, key in shortcut key.

More information
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...x2k.htm#mykeys

---
HTH,

Bob Phillips

Sub CreateShortCut()
Dim oWSH As Object
Dim oShortcut As Object
Dim sPathDeskTop As String

Set oWSH = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
sPathDeskTop = oWSH.SpecialFolders("Desktop")

Set oShortcut = oWSH.CreateShortCut(sPathDeskTop & "\" & _
ActiveWorkbook.Name & ".lnk")
With oShortcut
.TargetPath = ActiveWorkbook.FullName
.Save
End With
Set oWSH = Nothing

HTH

RP

David McRitchie

and another possibility would be to programmatically create an
Excel shortcut -- an example of which might be
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...x2k.htm#foobar
which might be of interest to Excel 2003 users and I hope the
next version of Excel does not repeat misuse of Ctrl+A.

My goodness, what one can learn with an ambiguous question.
---
HTH,