Mike

Default Task Pane

When I open Excel, the Task Pane appears briefly and then is replaced by the
default workbook Book 1.xls.

I would like to have Excel open with no workbook showing and with the the
Task Pane showing.

Under ToolsOptionsView, I have checked the "Startup Task Pane".
Mike

Nick:

Thanks. Is there a way to have Excel open without the default Book1.xls
showing but having the Task Pane show?

I followed the instructions you provided and I do get the Task Pane but I am
still getting the default Workbook Book1.xls.

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Mike

Check this out for the issue

HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England
HIS

"Mike" wrote in message
When I open Excel, the Task Pane appears briefly and then is replaced by
the
default workbook Book 1.xls.

I would like to have Excel open with no workbook showing and with the the
Task Pane showing.

Under ToolsOptionsView, I have checked the "Startup Task Pane".

Nick Hodge

Mike

This from help

This procedure clears all ways in which a workbook could be loaded.

1.. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General tab.
2.. Clear the contents of the At startup, open all files in box.
3.. Remove workbooks stored in the XLStart folder.
4.. In Windows Explorer, remove the icon of the workbook you want to open
to an XLStart folder.
5.. Remove a startup switch from the Excel icon.
6.. Right-click the Excel icon that you want to use to open Excel, and
clear the contents of the Target box.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Mike" wrote in message
Nick:

Thanks. Is there a way to have Excel open without the default Book1.xls
showing but having the Task Pane show?

I followed the instructions you provided and I do get the Task Pane but I
am
still getting the default Workbook Book1.xls.

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Mike

Check this out for the issue

HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England
HIS

"Mike" wrote in message
When I open Excel, the Task Pane appears briefly and then is replaced
by
the
default workbook Book 1.xls.

I would like to have Excel open with no workbook showing and with the
the
Task Pane showing.

Under ToolsOptionsView, I have checked the "Startup Task Pane".

Task Pane Appearance Pranab Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 April 20th 05 03:20 AM
How can I disable the Task Pane from appearing JohnE Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 March 31st 05 03:05 PM
Task Pane Kevin New Users to Excel 0 March 23rd 05 05:21 PM
How do I access the Document recovery task pane in Excel AndyG Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 February 16th 05 03:21 AM
How to turn OFF the TASK PANE? [email protected] Setting up and Configuration of Excel 3 February 10th 05 06:58 PM