Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Enable Macros Warning

This is incorrect information. The workbook will not control the users
security level.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Henry" wrote in message
Phil,

Open the Workbook.
Goto ToolsMacroSecurity and set the security option to low.
Save the workbook.
Your users won't get that warning any longer.
Macros will always be enabled.

HTH
Henry

"Phil Perry" wrote in message
I believe you can't bypass the initial screen in Excel
which asks you to select to disable macros (default button
for pete sake) or enable macros. Is there a way I can
put a message on there to advise the program will not
run unless you enable macros...or other procedure to
overcome this.
cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

Works for me - Win XP, Excel XP

I understood from the OP that he wants to get rid of the Enable/Disable
macros dialog box.
If you set the security for macros at the workbook level to low, when *that*
workbook is opened (by whomever) the dialog doesn't appear. This doesn't
affect the security level of any other workbooks, which will still show the
dialog box, unless the security level is changed for them as well. He could,
of course, change all his excel workbooks' security levels and never see the
dialogue.

Henry

"Phil Perry" wrote in message
I believe you can't bypass the initial screen in Excel
which asks you to select to disable macros (default button
for pete sake) or enable macros. Is there a way I can
put a message on there to advise the program will not
run unless you enable macros...or other procedure to
overcome this.
cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Henry,

What the OP asked was.....
Is there a way I can put a message on there to advise the program will not
run unless you enable macros.

I got the impression from that post that the OP was looking to make sure
that whomever opened his workbook had the macros enabled.

If you set the security for macros at the workbook level to low, when *that*
workbook is opened (by whomever) the dialog doesn't appear.

I'm using Excel 2000. If I set the security level to "low", *all* workbooks
will be opened with macros enabled (without a warning). It's an "Application"
level setting and not a "per workbook" setting. I believe it's the same for
XP also.

John

"Phil Perry" wrote in message
I believe you can't bypass the initial screen in Excel
which asks you to select to disable macros (default button
for pete sake) or enable macros. Is there a way I can
put a message on there to advise the program will not
run unless you enable macros...or other procedure to
overcome this.
cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry Henry, but that is incorrect. I don't know what you are seeing, but
that isn't the behavior. It also doesn't make any sense. If I wanted to
distribute a virsus, I would just set the security low in my workbook and
freely distribute it. What would be the purpose of having a security level.
No, you are mistaken.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Phil Perry" wrote in message
I believe you can't bypass the initial screen in Excel
which asks you to select to disable macros (default button
for pete sake) or enable macros. Is there a way I can
put a message on there to advise the program will not
run unless you enable macros...or other procedure to
overcome this.
cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John,

Look at the OP again.
"I believe that you can't bypass........"
I've told him how he *can* bypass the warning dialog.

I read the second sentance as:
Is there a way I can
put a message on there to advise (users that) the program will not
run unless you enable macros...

There is no need for this if the warning dialog is bypassed and macros
enabled as default.

HTH
Henry

"John Wilson" wrote in message
Henry,

What the OP asked was.....

"Phil Perry" wrote in message
I believe you can't bypass the initial screen in Excel
which asks you to select to disable macros (default button
for pete sake) or enable macros. Is there a way I can
put a message on there to advise the program will not
run unless you enable macros...or other procedure to
overcome this.
cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

I think that we're coming at this from different directions!
I agree that setting the protection to low and than distibuting it will not
work.
I had assumed (maybe incorrectly), from the OP, that the program was either
on his
machine or sitting in a shared folder on the server.
I didn't think he wanted to distribute it, as there was no indication of
this in the OP.
I agree that setting the protection to low and then distibuting it will not
work.

Perhaps we should agree to disagree on this one?

Henry

"Phil Perry" wrote in message
I believe you can't bypass the initial screen in Excel
which asks you to select to disable macros (default button
for pete sake) or enable macros. Is there a way I can
put a message on there to advise the program will not
run unless you enable macros...or other procedure to
overcome this.
cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Henry, Tom, et.al.,

Questions have been raised as to what the OP wanted and
we're spinning our wheels trying to figure it out.
Unless the OP posts back with a "Thank You" which would
be nice or some extra clarification as to what he wanted,
we're wasting our time in this thread.

John